(Sample) Desktop I: Fundamentals
Sample three of the 24 modules in this course below. In the full course, you'll learn core Tableau Desktop skills. You’ll gain a thorough introduction to data analysis and visual design in Tableau, and learn how to build views and interactive dashboards.
About the Full Course
This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau Desktop user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
This course is comprised of over 70 lessons. We recommend that students plan to spend 10+ hours completing this course. The actual amount of time needed will vary depending on prior experience and background.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
Get access to all eLearning content. Contact your Tableau Account Manager.
View the course outline and other details here.